As a professional organization, NASP serves as a resource for the minority community at large and for the minority professionals within the securities and investments industry by providing opportunities to share information about the securities markets, including functioning as a repository for information regarding current trends, facilitating fundamental educational seminars, and creating networking opportunities.
- To pursue the highest standards of professionalism and excellence among NASP members
- To achieve equal opportunity for minorities and women in the securities industry
- To foster the growth and development of minorities and women; of minority-controlled and women-controlled institutions in the securities industry
- To enhance communication among members
- To increase public awareness, especially among minorities and women, of public and private finance career opportunities
- To pursue progressive and balanced policies affecting public and private finance
- We uphold the law that bans racial, ethnic or gender discrimination in employment.
- We believe that racial , ethnic or gender discrimination in employment, business contracts and related activities is immoral and an unsound business practice.
- We support equal and fair employment practices including, without limitation, the hiring, compensating, training, promoting and retaining of African-Americans, Hispanic-Americans, other minority Americans, and women.
- We support the development of training programs that will prepare significant numbers of African-Americans, other minority Americans, and women for management, ownership, supervisory, administrative, clerical, sales and technical positions in all business activities.
- We support equitable participation and equal opportunity in all business dealings.
Based on the number of years in the financial services industry (i.e., asset manager, broker dealer, attorney/counsel, wealth manager, sales, trading, investment banking, etc.).
- 0-5 years in the Industry: $125
- 6-10 years in the Industry: $250
- 11+ years in the Industry: $325
Trustee, Government Employee, Regulatory Agency Employee*: $75
Full-time undergraduate and graduate students. Must submit proof of enrollment: $25